Setting your health and fitness goals
Here is my top tips for setting your goals. They need to be designed on the SMART principle.
- Specific-This allows you to clearly visualize what it is that you want.
- Measurable-How can you track or measure the progress you are making?
- Attainable-You should be able to achieve your goal if you work hard at it.
- Realistic- Break down goals into smaller short-term goals and be realistic.
- Time bound- Give yourself daily check-ins.
My top tips for setting your goals.
- Write out everything you wish for. This is not about perfection; it is about learning what you want and creating a plan to get you there.
- Take each goal and break it down using the SMART principle.
- Make your goal VISIBLE! Type it up or use a post-it note and keep it in several places such as your bathroom mirror, your fridge or your computer. It may even be a picture of yourself or someone who inspires you. Goals should be read daily. Otherwise, it’s just like the saying goes out of sight, out of mind.
- Finally: accountability! Tell your friends, co-workers and family members. Ask for their support and encouragement. Share your goals with people who can help you achieve them!
Post a comment, or send me a message/email and tell me how you are going forward with addressing the issue’s in your health and wellness journey.
If you would like to discuss your own fitness and health goals, please either email or message me and I am happy to arrange a consultation to see how I can help you achieve your goals.
Here’s to a great fit, healthy and happy new you in 2017.